Thursday, September 11, 2008

Part 6

Laughter rang in the air, children running around with joy; summer is here once again. Everyone rejoiced for holiday has finally arrived as books were instantly thrown aside and soon forgotten.

Melodious tune of the piano drifted along with the wind as Nasim stepped onto the porch. Peering in through an open window, there he was playing the piano. With such passion he played, like it was only him and the piano. As if in a trance Nasim stared at his back, letting the music flow through.

As the music stopped, she dazedly woke up from her trance, walked to the door and knocked on it. The door opened and there stood a little girl.

“You must be Nava, nice to meet you.” said Nasim smiling at the little black headed girl with curls. Timidly the little girl turned around and called out in Farsi. In the next moment Riyaz was at the door out of breathe. The little girl giggled at the sight of his brother’s dilemma. Blushing, he ushered her back into the house.

“She's really cute, she does not speak English does she?” asked Nasim.

“Yeah she is still learning. You're early, sorry I was still getting ready.” Riyaz replied as he tried to regain composure.

“Thought I would give you a surprise, instead I got one myself.” she said as she thought of him playing the piano, how peaceful he seemed.

“What kind of surprise?” asked Riyaz.

“Surprise at how well you play the piano.” smiled Nasim.

“I'm not that good. I just really like to play the piano, it helps me relax. My dad was the one who taught me how to play the piano, he has deep passion for music.” as he explained his face somehow brighten and sadden at the same time.

“So where are you bringing me?” asked Riyaz as he snapped out of his thoughts.

“You'll see when we get there, come on!” grinned Nasim, taking his hand in hers leading him on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home